Complete a Vila Health interactive simulation in which you will develop a high-level plan, 4–6 pages in length, for implementing a new or upgraded health information system.
Note: The assessments in this course build upon the work you have completed in the previous assessments. Therefore, complete the assessments in the order in which they are presented.
Part of your job as a health administrator is to make decisions about health care information systems, specifically in terms of how and when to upgrade or implement a completely new system. Leaders must be able to apply project management best practices in developing an implementation plan, in which they identify and document the key steps involved in such a project.
This assessment provides an opportunity for you to develop a high-level implementation plan for a new or upgraded health information system.
By successfully completing this assessment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the following course competencies and assessment criteria:
- Competency 3: Incorporate project management principles into health care administration management and leadership.
- Outline a plan for collecting and analyzing data.
- Propose criteria for evaluating organizational needs.
- Outline a plan for generating reports.
- Identify the personnel and logistics needed to carry out an implementation plan.
- Propose a project timeline.
- Competency 6: Communicate effectively with diverse audiences, in an appropriate form and style, consistent with applicable organizational, professional, and scholarly standards.
- Write clearly and concisely, using correct grammar, mechanics, and APA formatting.
Check Your ProgressUse this online tool to track your performance and progress through your course.
Use this template for your implementation plan.
Check the Required Resources